Just because you have arthritis doesn’t mean that you need to give up your favorite hobbies. This time of year, gardening is an especially popular hobby for many. If you love to garden, you can rest assured that you won’t have to give up gardening due to your arthritis.
In fact, there are many resources for gardening with arthritis, and we at the Arthritis Foundation would be happy to share them, as well as other tips on how to garden with arthritis.
Check ’em out! ->
* At-home Enabling Garden: National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
* “Before You Buy Arthritis-Friendly Gardening Tools,” click here.
* Find Ergonomic Gardening Tools for People with Arthritis, here.
* Virginia Cooperative Extension Service: Gardening & Your Health: Arthritis
* Virginia Cooperative Extension Service: Gardening & Your Health: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
* Handy Gardening Tools from Arthritis Today
* Gardeners with Rheumatoid Arthritis Can Keep Green Thumbs Without Stiff Joints
* Yard & Garden: Do It Easier With Arthritis
* Simple Gardens for People with Arthritis
* Tip to Modify Garden Tools for Gardeners with Back Pain
Do any of you garden? Do you have any gardening tips to share with others who live with arthritis or chronic pain? If so, please share in a comment below!
I hope that your interest in gardening continues to flourish and bloom despite your arthritis!
What’s YOUR weapon against arthritis?
Follow the Arthritis Foundation, Mid Atlantic Region on Twitter @MidAtlanticAF!
Follow us on Pinterest, here! “Like” us on Facebook here!
Arthritis is Unacceptable.
Let’s all unite against arthritis. Together, we will achieve the vision of a world free from arthritis